- A medical certificate is a document stating either that a person has passed a medical examination, or that a person is unfit for work for a stated period of time .
- A legal document issued by an aviation doctor stating a pilot is physically fit to fly. A valid medical certificate is required to be in the possession of the pilot during all flights.
- Before issuing a death certificate, the authorities require a certificate from a physician or coroner to validate the cause of death and the identity of the deceased. The family does not get this certificate.
- A specimen taken for scientific testing or analysis
- A small part or quantity intended to show what the whole is like
- sample distribution: items selected at random from a population and used to test hypotheses about the population
- a small part of something intended as representative of the whole
- A portion drawn from a population, the study of which is intended to lead to statistical estimates of the attributes of the whole population
- take a sample of; “Try these new crackers”; “Sample the regional dishes”
- give medical treatment to
- A person who gives advice or makes improvements
- a licensed medical practitioner; “I felt so bad I went to see my doctor”
- A qualified practitioner of medicine; a physician
- A qualified dentist or veterinary surgeon
- sophisticate: alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive; “Sophisticate rose water with geraniol”
Outside the medical office
I went to get the medical certificate and prescriptions for my boyfriend as on Saturday afternoon he was sick and got the temperature.
Jan. 26th, 2008
Jan. 26th, 2008
Chinese New Year Sickness
My diagnosis for post-CNY celebration: viral illness/infection with vertigo/dizziness/giddiness. Welcome to my fml-ed life in HK.